Monday, March 10, 2008

Good Quote...

I found this quote on the Internet tonight and it really struck a cord with me.

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good.


Lately I've realized that I need to get my life back in order. Having a baby is wonderful, but she sure turned my life upside down. And while most things are just fine staying that way there are a couple things that need to be turned back upright again.

I used to be very committed to reading my Bible and doing a personal Bible study every night. If I am honest I've fallen quite behind on this. I finished my last study and haven't picked up the next to do...my husband even bought it for me for my birthday. I've missed this time with God, and now I'm more committed than ever to get back into that groove again.

Everyday when I drove into the parking lot of my job I would sit in the car for a few minutes and say a prayer to start my work day. I would pray that I would be a blessing to someone today and that something or someone would be a blessing to me. It was amazing how often God would answer that prayer. I miss those exciting little moments in my work day. Looking for those opportunities where I can let God's love shine through a little bit brighter. Sure, I still live for God at work, but I need to search for ways to make that light a little stronger.

So things have changed...my world has been turned upside down...but it's been wonderful! I have a great husband, beautiful baby girl, and an amazing God who loves me despite my faults. I have a new outlook on life, and I wouldn't change it for the world!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the quote! And I can relate with you on how things change after kids. I have found that I have to be much more intentional and purposeful with my time. Especially when things get busy (like house projects), and days fly by...then I realize that I haven't been reading the Bible or seeking God like I use to.

The quote you shared really touched me...it was just what I needed to read today. I think I will log off and spend some time with God (the kids and dad are at the library).

Have a blessed day!