Tomorrow is Easter!
I don't know what happened. Why have I been so out of the loop? I've seen all the Easter decorations in the store, bought some Easter candy, even got an Easter package in the mail from our family in Washington, but for some reason it just now hit me. I love Easter and why haven't I been in the Easter mood? Why haven't I been spending time reflecting on what Jesus did for me, why haven't I been reading our little girl her Easter book?
I think its because Easter is earlier than it has been in my lifetime, there is 6 inches of snow outside, and no Spring like weather has something to do with it.
I had planned to grill for Easter dinner tomorrow- but we haven't pulled our grill out. I got a stellar outfit to wear, but white pants and a sleeveless shirt just doesn't seem appropriate when I spent 30 minutes this morning snow blowing our driveway. I even got a new dress for our little girl, but couldn't find tights, because it's not the season for tights anymore and Target didn't have any.
Easter is here and I've let the lack of Spring trick me into missing out on the anticipation of such a wonderful and important day. So, tonight I will get my work done so I don't have to do it tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a day spent dreaming of Spring, rejoicing over my salvation as well as playing and enjoying time with my little girl and husband. We'll also make sure to sit down and read her Easter book, before it gets packed away for next year.



No comments:
Post a Comment