Thursday, February 14, 2008

Leeland

Almost 2 years ago, on Jars of Clay MySpace page, they talked about a group named Leeland. They said they would be big someday and encouraged everyone to go buy their CD, so I did...and it was great...I really liked it...it also came signed. I shared it with many friends who were also impressed with their music. Well, now they are touring with Casting Crowns and have a second CD coming out on February 26, 2008.

Jump ahead to yesterday. I was listening to Way FM on my computer, when I received an e-mail saying that for Valentine's Day only you could buy Leeland's new CD for $7 at Leeland. I bookmarked the e-mail so I would remember to check it out today. At that exact moment the radio DJ said "call now for a chance to win Leeland's new CD". I gave them a call and after answering 4 true/false trivia questions about Leeland the CD was mine!

If you haven't listened to their music, you really should!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Well, I'm glad someone I know has better luck at winning way fm's contests!!! I was trying for the mountian bike and shopping spree one and got called and my machine picked up (which I should probably change now so that it doesn't say "have you tried the new way fm") so I did get in the running. And then, and then I got up early on that thursday morning (okay, it was 7:40 but that's early for me nowadays) to listen and then, my name wasn't called. :( Ah! I'm surviving though. ;)

momteacherfriend said...

Sweet! Great timing. What a blessing.

Thanks for the link to your blog. I miss not being in closer contact with you.

Jean said...

Hey Cuz,
I'm "awarding" you the E is for Excellence Award, check out my latest blog for details then post it on yours!

Andrea said...

Leeland was mentioned in Relevant magazine this month. I'm anxious to check out a few songs.