Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

This was Ellie's first year going trick-or-treating. She wanted to be a dinosaur...a T-Rex in particular. She would stomp around the house singing her T-Rex song (from the new PBS show "Dinosaur Train")..."I'm a T-Rex. I'm a Tyrannosaurus. I'm the biggest carnivore in the Cretaceous forest. Gonna grow some giant legs, gonna grow enormous feet, gonna stomp around, and mash my teeth and eat and eat and eat!". To say she was excited is an understatement. As I was getting her ready for her afternoon nap we were talking about going out after her nap. She told me "I LOVE candy. Candy is my favorite food"! Unfortunately Carl had to work so it was just mom and the kids. We loaded up and headed over to her best buddy Carson's house.

Even though she doesn't look amused in the picture she really was excited!

Ezra on the other hand didn't quite know why his mom had him dressed up as a tiger and plopped down between two big kids

And they're off

Ellie was a perfect little trick-or-treater. She said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" at each house.



Ezra was such a trooper!



Once we made it back to our friend's house, Ellie sat down in the middle of the floor with her pumpkin of candy and said "I think it's time for a snack".

We finally made it home and took a couple pictures in their Halloween pajamas


"Please mom, haven't I done enough? Can't I just go to bed?"

No comments: