Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Calhoun County Fair

On Monday we visited the fair in Marshall. It was a rainy morning but we still had a great time...filled with Ellie getting to pet farm animals for the first time.

We started off in the rabbit barn where Ellie got to pet a rabbit. On the other side of the barn were chickens, roosters, turkeys and baby ducks. Ellie was SO excited to hear the rooster call out "cock-a-doodle-doo"...she would laugh and laugh. She also thought the baby ducks were pretty special.

Next stop...the pigs. She has been talking and talking about seeing pigs and was so happy to see them and then she saw how big they were and she was a little taken back. After a little bit she warmed up to them and got close enough so we could take a picture.

Then we moved on to the cows. Much to Ellie's delight, a very nice 4-H father got out "Peanut" so Ellie could pet her.

The horse barn was next and Ellie had so much fun petting horses.

Meeting "Bounder", who belongs to my mom's good friend, Kaye.

She even took her first pony ride on "Apache" (another pony at the fair with "Aunt Kaye")




(I know there is no sound...all you can hear is Ezra crying in the background...he was ready to eat...and Ellie saying "I'm back" at the end so I turned the sound off)


Ellie really enjoyed the goat and sheep barn. I was 4 years old when I got my pet goat, and it was so much fun seeing Ellie play with the little goats just like I did when I was little.

Emily May

Oreo

And this baby goat

No comments: